Perth Pests Information
Elite Environmental Industries offer a pest control services against a wide variety of pests in Perth.
We often have specials from time to time, so please click on the relevant pest to learn more.
Termites feed on dead plants and trees, including wood, and are a constant threat to your home. It’s difficult to evaluate the cost of damage done to your home or property once it has been attacked by termites and most insurance policies do not cover damage done by termites, so it’s extremely important to inspect your property regularly and have an ongoing treatment plan in place.
- Common intruders in and around buildings, usually around kitchens and rubbish bins
- They can carry diseases such as smallpox, a variety of pathogenic bacteria including Salmonella
- When they find food, they lay down a chemical called pheromone so other ants may find their way to the source
- Larvae may eat leaves and wood.
- In warmer months, there is a large hive increase
- Most people encounter swarms when the Scouts are sent out to find their new home in the warmer months.
- They live just about anywhere and will eat almost anything
- They feed mainly at night and some show an attraction to alcoholic beverages, particularly beer
- Many humans are allergic to dust created by cast off cockroach skins, dead bodies and droppings
- These can contaminate food products, utensils and various areas
- They can give off an unpleasant odour
- They can enter homes through cracks and crevices, but they are often brought in with food, used appliances
- Fleas transmit epidemic typhus and bubonic plague
- They also carry tapeworms from dogs and rodents and occasionally transmit them to humans
- They are usually found on cats and dogs, but will also readily feed on humans
- Normally around during the warmer months
- Flies can spread diseases and parasites to animals
- Myiasis is the infection of an animal with fly larvae (maggots)
- It can also occur in humans when certain species of flies are attracted to irritated skin, where they lay eggs
- Intestinal myiasis occurs when humans swallow food containing eggs of larvae
- Mosquitoes can cause a significant health threat and comfort to humans and livestock
- Female mosquitoes pierce the skin and feed on the blood
- Mosquitoes are attracted to warmth, moisture and the carbon dioxide that humans and animals breathe out
The house mouse, the Noway Rat &s; the Roof Rat
- They will eat almost anything
- Damage due to gnawing, nibbling and contamination with urine and faeces can be very widespread
- When the weather is cold, their food supply is shortened and they move inside for nesting and food supply
- Nests are found within walls, ceiling voids, storage boxes, drawers, under major appliances or within the upholstery of furniture
- Diseases carried by rodents: the plague, murine typhus fever, well’s disease, rat bite fever, trichnosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis, mouse typhoid, favus &s; poliomyelitis.
- They eat starch, paste, glue, paper products of all kinds and starched fabric
- They are nocturnal and come out at night to seek food
- They are usually found in the hotter months of the year
- Most spiders are carnivorous, they usually feed on living of freshly killed insects
- Some spider bites can cause serious illness or death: Funnel web spiders &s; Red back spiders.
- Termites create their colonies in wood. They can cause serious damage to structures, often long before they have been discovered
- Piles of sawdust like pellets are a distinct sign of infestation
- Termites will sometimes eat away the wooden structure of a house from within the timbers, leaving the painted surface undamaged
- Like bees, the females are the stingers and have an ovipositor for sawing, piercing and stinging
- Larvae look a lot like caterpillars or grubs
- Wasps eat pollen and nectar, although larvae usually eats leaves and wood
- They are very protective of their nests and will defend against invader with painful stings. Some people who are allergic to wasps and may die if they are stu
Get in touch!
If you’re looking for the experts in the field of pest control in Perth, give us a call!