Pests can easily crawl into your life (pun intended) without you even realising. Most pests pose health risks to you, your family and your furry friends. We’ve got some handy tips to help reduce pests in and around your home.
- Pests love to hide in cavities created by general clutter. Think stacks of papers, soft drink cartons and the obvious choice is your small kitchen bin. Make sure to clean your home regularly and keep it free from clutter.
- Wash bed linen in hot water each week. This helps get rid of any nasties that might be hiding between the sheets.
- Sprinkle chilli powder around the edge of your garden or base of your plants to repel pests.
- Clean your kitchen regularly to keep it free of crumbs.
- Mix 30 milliliters of water with the same amount of vanilla extract in a spray bottle, and you have yourself a home remedy against the mosquitoes. They cannot stand the smell of vanilla.
- Keep lavender in your closet to keep moths at bay.
- Make sure you store any of those left over biscuits and cereals in air-tight containers. This helps keep the pests at bay.
- Lemon is a fantastic non-toxic treatment against pests. Ants, cockroaches and fleas hate the smell of citrus!